There are different activities discovering Bukit Lawang and its surrounding, as well as exploring the rainforest to encounter wildlife. You can go tubing or rafting down the river, visit the bat cave, dig into the life of the villagers, rice fields and plantations, or you can go on an expedition in the jungle.
Right in front of Garden Inn you can have a refreshing swim. Streaming down from the mountains, the water is fresh and clear.
Trekking in the jungle
Don’t miss out on a trek in the jungle with our experienced guides to encounter the orangutans and other wildlife in the rainforest. Children, adults, experienced mountaineers or beginners – everyone can join on a trek due to several easier and more challenging routes through the jungle Gunung Leuser National Park. Coming back to Garden Inn by river rafting is a fun and adventurous experience.
Groups include at least 3 people and up to 6 people.
Equipment required, if you spend the night in the forest :
- Comfortable sport shoes
- Light sleeping bag or bed sheet
- Pants and sweat shirt. It can be cold in the evening.
- Swimsuit and towel
Prices for trekking (per person)
- 1/2 Day (3 hours) : 35 EUR
- 1 Day (6 hours) and rafting down the river : 55 EUR
- 2 Days / 1 Night and rafting down the river : 90 EUR
- 3 Days / 2 Nights and rafting down the river : 120 EUR